- What information we collect from you;
- What “cookies” are and how they are used;
- Information concerning links to third party Web sites;
- Information for younger visitors and their parents;
- How we use the information we collect;
- Disclosure of information on public areas of the Site;
- The security measures we put in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information we obtain;
- How you may view the information we collect and update and correct that information, and
What are “cookies” and how do we use them? Cookies are small text files placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit the Site. Collecting this information helps us streamline your experience on the site--for example, by remembering who you are or "automatically" filling out forms for you.
Links to third party sites. The Site may contain hyperlinks to other Web sites, including sites we may not own or operate. We do not monitor or control the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties, and are not responsible for their practices or the content of their Web sites, including their use of any information (such as IP address, browser type, or operating system) collected when visitors "click through" links to their sites or view advertisements served by them. We encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices, and to contact such third parties if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies.]
For younger visitors and their parents. The Site is not directed toward children (individuals under thirteen years of age). We do not permit registration or use of the Site by anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. In particular, if you are under 13 years of age, you should exit this Site and you should not provide any personally identifiable information to any site on the Internet without the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian.
How we use the information we gather. We use the personally identifiable information we collect form you:
- to customize various aspects of the Site to your preferences;
- to send you certain product announcements, and other materials that we feel may be of interest to you (you may "opt out" of receiving these materials, as provided below); and
- as may be necessary to support the operation of the Site.
Disclosure of handles and postings. The username you select or are provided with in order to participate in certain public areas (such as bulletin boards, chat rooms, and the like) of the Site (your "Handle") is deemed non-personally identifiable information. Your Handle may be published on the Site and may be disclosed to others, including, without limitation, to the public at large, and to any third parties with whom we elect to share such information. In addition, if you include your name or any other personally identifiable information in any material transmitted or posted on public areas of the Site, such information will be published on the Site and will be disclosed to other users of the Site and to other third parties who may have access to or otherwise see a display of such information. You hereby release, hold harmless and waive any claims against us relating to such disclosure, sharing, or publication.]
Security. Our data networks are protected by advanced firewall and password protection systems. Our security practices and policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorized individuals are granted access to the information provided by our visitors. There is no complete guarantee of security on the Internet, however. In addition, e-mail that you send us is not necessarily secure against interception. You are ultimately responsible for the security of your user name and password. If you have to write it down, please keep your user name separate from your password.